Friday, June 19, 2009

My Sweet Connections

“My Sweet Connections” …don’t think for a minute that I randomly picked this title out of thin air…not a chance. Considering all the different dynamics that make up my life I wanted to come up with something that addressed it all…the “perfect” title for my blog. I pondered, processed, evaluated, reflected, examined, meditated and prayed over this name. Sounds ridiculous doesn’t it? But now you have a peek at my personality…nothing is ever simple. I always want everything to be perfect…now do you see why it has taken me so long to begin blogging?

My life is full of sweet connections with the people I love…my God, my husband of 35 years, my 5 daughters and their families, and all the people God brings into my life to make it rich, more meaningful, and full of purpose. All these “sweet connections” energize me, challenge me, excite me, encourage me, and love on me. Blogging about the people I love is my way of honoring them and our growing relationships.

Also, I have sweet connections with life’s circumstances, both hard and easy ones, that mold and refine my character, growing me into the person I want to become. Blogging about these life lessons is a constant reminder to me of where I was, where I am today, and where I want to go with my life. Sound selfish…like blogging is all about me? I hope not! Because I want to make it all about you!!! As I share about my life, I hope you will feel that “sweet connection” and be encouraged, challenged, and energized by the things I say, as I am sure I will be, through your responses.

So I have landed the plane…”My Sweet Connections”…what do you think????

2 comments:

  1. I like blogging too! Here are my main reasons: 1) It keeps up my English skills; 2) It's a way for me to connect with family and friends; and 3) It helps me remember what I've done! Sometimes I skim back through my blog entries to jog my memory!

    Anyway, welcome to the blogging world! By the way, I found you via Ellen's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome. I dido all your reasons for blogging. I'm looking forward to finding my way into the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete