Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mr. Spider perseveres

Back to "The New Eve'. I don’t want to keep you hanging. Here is where I have landed. God gave these “core callings” to Adam and Eve before the fall (Genesis1:28, 2:24). Need I say anymore? As the author put it, “The fall was a moment when all of God’s original intentions and core callings for men and women became twisted, distorted and most of all difficult. We are all affected in some way by the many consequences of “the fall”. Any other thoughts??

I walk in the mornings. Most mornings I walk out my front door and am greeted by a large spider web. As I pass through it, I swish through my hair…brush off my clothes… for fear my body has captured the spider. “How disgusting!” I mutter to myself as I continue walking down the stairs. Now, I mean ALMOST EVERY MORNING this happens.

Walking gives me “think time”, and today my thoughts landed on “Mr. Spider”. What do you suppose he thinks of me? Every day I destroy 24 hours of hard labor, creating this web that provides for his livelihood. And every day he begins from scratch to create a new one. He doesn’t grow weary in doing the task set before him, irregardless of his adverse circumstances (that would be me :). He faithfully spins his web. What perseverance! Might there be a lesson in this for me? Absolutely! Just think, “Mr Spider” is teaching me a life lesson. I wonder if it will ever dawn on him to relocate. With as many encounters as we have had, don’t you think that Mr. Spider deserves a name…how about Gilbert ?

No comments:

Post a Comment